Friday, May 15, 2009

Karma



"The effects of a person's actions that determine his destiny in his next incarnation"

That's the definition you would get when you search for the definition of the word 'Karma' in Google dictionary. The only thing I would differ from this definition is the last part, i.e. not in 'next incarnation' but I believe it happens in the present life itself.

Okay, why am I talking about karma now.... Am I getting philosophical? No, no, no, no, no….. I have been thinking about these things lately and I kinda feel all these really true and works. I have been thinking about what has been happening to me all these years right from the day I was able to understand things around me. I am going to be 25 and I can swear that I haven’t faced any significant trouble in my life so far, that’s right you heard me, I have got almost everything in my life. Most of all I had the basic essentials – people, food, shelter and money. I never had any struggle for these things and all I had to do was study which I guess I did good.

But other than that, have I been doing things which would have been helpful to others or at least in anyway didn’t bother anyone in their work. This is the big question. That’s where the Karma comes in. As I said I am 25 now and half my life is over and I believe all my actions till now would have created my Karma for my rest of the life. Now just looking at where I stand and think about where I wish to be, is a complete mismatch.

So thinking about this, kinda freaks me and feel bad for my actions all these times. But there is nothing much I can do about it other than realizing it, at least NOW!!!!! I hope all these things are not true and things will get better for me but something tells me that it’s going to be a tough road ahead of me in the years to come by.

2 comments:

Nazgul said...

Going by your own assessment, your karma will help you.. dont worry my friend!

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to getting more information about this topic, don't worry about negative opinions.