Friday, September 08, 2006

Blah Blah Blah...

I am again struck with what to write in this blog. The reason that I am not able to choose on a topic is that there are so many interesting things happening around me and I am not choose one out of that lot. Ufff… really struggling. Anyway I will tell you what I did all day. Its 12.17 AM right now, it was a busy morning for me. I got up at 9.20 for my 9.30 class, had a quick shower and ran all the way to my class. Luckily my professor was bit late and I was able to make it. (He is very particular about being in class on time, that’s why I was in hurry)

The class was really great. He is such a nice professor and the way he teaches the subject is really amazing. The main important thing about the American professors is that they give you a lot of freedom in the class (hey did I tell you people that I am from India, sorry I forgot that one). The education system over here is far different from Indian system. In India its mostly a the teacher who dictates things to the student and the student follows it but here its interaction from both sides. The respect the teacher gives to the student is unbelievable. The student can come in and walk out whenever he wants, he can sit in whatever position and style he wants, he can drink, eat and sleep in class.

All these things should only be a surprise to guy like me because in my college the rules are completely different from what I am witnessing over here. But still I didn’t find problem copping up with this system as I was mentally prepared for all these things. The next most important thing is that the final minutes studies which I used to do in India will never work out because the final examination accounts for only 25-30% of my final credit.( Believe me, I was shocked when I heard this!!!) The rest depends on the monthly exams, quizzes and homework. (Who will give marks for homework in India??? What crap is this!!!)

But this is how the educational system functions. Also I am supposed to two projects right in my first semester itself (Ohh god!!! Please help me out). The toughest thing is that my professor said that the project should be original and not extracted from someone else (Have I ever done anything on my own??? Just kidding…) To tell you the truth, I am really excited in doing all these things and I am looking forward to do my best.

Ohh no, once again I have started to write about something and I ended up writing something. I know I am really bad at writing blog, but wishing that I would improve next time. (This was my thinking right from the first blog which I wrote… He He He)

1 comment:

Nazgul said...

nice post n i know exactly what u mean cos me too sailing on the same boat bro.. but noone here bothers when u come or go from the class.. for that matter, no one gives a damn about u!!